Security cameras are essential now, in fact more than ever so. This is why it is important for homeowners to buy a good quality security camera. However there are a whole lot of CCTV cameras available in the market. Each of these have specific features designs and technologies and for somebody buying it for the first time all this variety can be quiet intimidating.
Security cameras Brisbane: a buying guide for beginners
When looking for a security camera make sure that it has all of the following features
- These days security cameras are designed to have a security system installed and most of these have a SD card slot inside. It is easy for the users to insert memory cards of different capacities for example one with 64 GB of space or even 128 GB of space for recording. Although if you buy a cheaper camera these might not have internal storage and would need to be dependent on a surveillance hard disk which only works on the DVR.
- Most security cameras can rotate horizontally as well as vertically so as to provide observation for a large area around them. The horizontal rotation is known as pan and the vertical rotation is known as tilt. High quality cameras can pan around 350° and tilt at about 90°. However there are CCTV cameras which can also be rotated remotely with the help of an app. If you are looking for a three dimensional space rotation then you may need to buy a camera which has a higher pan and tilt.
- You must try to buy a CCTV camera which has got good image quality and can produce videos in 1080pixel resolution. But if you are recording a huge amount of footage in a day you may need a security camera which has a large internal storage as well as the higher resolution.
- Most security cameras these days come with a motion and audio sensor. These can be quiet expensive but are now an essential part of CCTV footage. With the help of motion and audio sensors the camera screen detect any unusual sound and movement and send a notification to the owners with the help of a mobile app.
- Another thing that you need to keep in mind during security camera installation in Brisbane is to make sure that these do not require a great deal of maintenance. It is important that they should be easy to position and mount. However if you believe that you would not be able to handle the installation on your own you can even ask an expert to help you with it.
- Last but not the least, one of the most important features of a CCTV camera is it being waterproof. If you want to monitor the space in front of your home you should definitely consider buying a waterproof camera.
Make sure that you keep all of the above mentioned things in mind when buying security cameras in Brisbane. Only buy high quality cameras from trusted suppliers.